Here is the Current Affairs 01st February 2023 covering the following news headlines: Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan, Union budget 2023, Goods and Services Tax, Trishakri Prahar, Indian Coast Guard, National Child Science Congress.
· Visakhapatnam, a port and industrial city brimming with cosmopolitan culture has been in the news ever since Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy’s government announced that it would be the new capital of the state, indicating plans to develop Amaravati – on the banks of the Krishna river – as the capital city have been scrapped.
· The announcement of Visakhapatnam, a new capital for Andhra comes nine years after the state of Telangana was carved out of its territory and given Hyderabad as its capital.
· In March last year, the Andhra Pradesh High Court had ruled against the proposal to establish three capitals in the state and directed the YSRC government to develop Amaravati as the state capital as envisaged. The Court had also in its verdict on March 3, 2022 said the state Legislature lacked competence to make any legislation for shifting, bifurcating or trifurcating the capital.
· The Uttar Pradesh government has launched a campaign to empower girls from the underprivileged class.
· The Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan will work under the Aarohini Initiative Training Programme for the safety and security of girls in 746 Kasturba Gandhi Residential Girls Schools in Uttar Pradesh.
· The major goal of this scheme is Gender sensitization which is intended to address gender inequality concerns in the city.
· Reliance Consumer Products Limited, the FMCG firm and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Reliance Retail Ventures Limited announced a strategic partnership with Sri Lanka-headquartered Maliban Biscuit Manufactories Limited.
· Maliban, a biscuit manufacturer, has been well-known for the last 70 years for its range of quality products including biscuits, crackers, cookies, and wafers. According to the partnership, the company has expanded its product’s reach to global markets and exports to over 35 countries across five continents.
· Maliban has a deep-rooted heritage and credibility. With the strategic partnership between RCPL and Maliban, the company will not only be strengthening the FMCG portfolio through a great brand but will also be able to offer an excellent value proposition through quality products to our Indian consumers.
· Union Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman is presenting the Union Budget 2023 for the 5th time in a row. She will be presenting the financial statements and tax proposals for the fiscal year 2023-24 (April 2023 to March 2024). A Made in India tablet has replaced the traditional ‘Bahi Khata’ as Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman leaves the Finance Ministry’s office to go to the Parliament to present the Budget.
· The Economic Survey 2022-23 was released on 31st January 2023 by the Chief Economic Advisor of India, V Anantha Nageswaran. The government sees the Indian economy growing at 6.5 per cent in the financial year 2023-24 (FY24).
· This is the first budget in ‘Amritkal‘ This Budget hopes to build on the foundations laid in the previous Budget and the blueprint drawn for India@100. Indian economy is on the right track and heading towards a bright future. The Budget 2023 focuses on seven priorities, which the FM called the “Saptrishis guiding us through Amrit Kaal”.
· According to finance ministry Nirmala Sitharaman, the Goods and Services Tax (GST) collection in January 2023 saw a significant increase, reaching over Rs 1.55 lakh crore. This marks the second highest-ever mop-up for the GST collection and demonstrates a growth in the country’s economy.
· The GST collection for January 2023 has reached over the ₹1.50 lakh crore mark for the third time this financial year, and is only second to the highest collection of ₹1.68 lakh crore in April 2022. The revenues for the current financial year up to January 2023 are 24% higher than the GST revenues during the same period last year.
· Genus Power Infrastructures Ltd. and its 100 percent subsidiary company Hi-Print Metering Solutions Private Limited have received the letter of award (LOA) of Rs 2,855.96 crore for the appointment of Advanced Metering Infrastructure Service Provider (AMISP).
· It includes the design of the AMI system with supply, installation, and commissioning of 29.49 Lakh Smart Prepaid Meters, DT Metering, HT & Feeder Metering Level energy accounting, and FMS of these 29.49 Lakh smart meters.
· A joint training exercise “Exercise Trishakri Prahar” was conducted in North Bengal from 21 January to 31 January 2023. The aim of the exercise was to practice battle preparedness of the Security Forces using the latest weapons and equipment in a networked, integrated environment, involving all arms and services of the Army, the Indian Air Force and CAPFs.
· Exercise culminated on 31 January 2023 with an Integrated Fire Power Exercise in Teesta Field Firing Ranges.
· As part of the exercise, swift mobilization and deployment practices were carried out in various locations across North Bengal. Efforts of all agencies including the Civil Administration, Civil Defence Organisations, Police and CAPFs were coordinated to ensure efficient move and quick mobilization.
· The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) is celebrating its 47th Raising Day on 1st February 2023. From a modest beginning with just seven surface platforms in 1978, the ICG today has 158 ships and 78 aircraft and is likely to achieve the targeted force levels of 200 surface platforms and 80 aircraft by 2025.
· As the fourth largest Coast Guard in the world, the Indian Coast Guard has played a significant role in securing the Indian Coasts and enforcing regulations in the Maritime Zones of India. The ICG was formally established on February 1, 1977, by the Coast Guard Act, 1978 of the Parliament of India. It operates under the Ministry of Defence.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
· Indian Coast Guard Director-General: Virender Singh Pathania;
· Indian Coast Guard Founded: 1 February 1977;
· Indian Coast Guard Headquarters: New Delhi.
· The 30th National Child Science Congress was inaugurated on 27th January 2023 at Ahmedabad, Gujarat. The National Child Science Congress is a five-day event that was held at Science City. The event was concluded on 31st January 2023.
· The National Child Science Congress was organized by the Gujarat Council on Science and Technology (GUJCOST), the Gujarat Council of Science City, and SAL Education.
· The 30th National Child Science Congress was inaugurated on 27th January 2023 at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
· The National Child Science Congress was attended by 1400 delegates including Child Scientists, escort teachers, evaluators, and government officials.
· The advisor of GUJCOST, Narottam Sahoo informed that nearly 850 students from all over the country were present their project at the congress.
· World Interfaith Harmony Week is an annual event observed during the first week of February(1-7), after General Assembly designation in 2010. These celebrations focus on creating mutual understanding and interreligious dialogue to promote harmony between people regardless of their faith.
· The General Assembly encourages all countries to voluntarily disseminate the message of interfaith tolerance and goodwill in accordance with their religious traditions or convictions.
· World Interfaith Harmony Week (WIHW), conceived to promote a culture peace and nonviolence, was first proposed by King Abdullah II of Jordan at the United Nations in 2010.
· Former Union law minister and eminent jurist Shanti Bhushan, passed away at the age of 97. He served as the law minister in the Morarji Desai-led Janata Party government from 1977 to 1979, which came to power after Emergency.
· Bhushan was among the founding members of the Aam Aadmi Party which was formed in 2012. He had also actively participated in the agitation led by social activist Anna Hazare.
· Delhi State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT) has organized a 5-day ‘Jeevan Vidya Shivir’ for the teachers of Delhi government schools at Thyagaraja stadium.
· About 4,000 teachers from Delhi government schools are expected to participate in this workshop between 28th January 2023 to 1st February 2023.
· Jeevan Vidya Shivir is a co-existence workshop based on the Coexistential philosophy of A Nagraj.
· It is a proposal to understand all of Life and provides comprehensive clarity on all aspects of Reality and the Human Being.
· It provides resolutions for our multidimensional dichotomies and problems -via awareness and consciousness development. It offers a new direction for humans to live wholesome, coherent, and meaningful lives.
· The first G20 International Financial Architecture Working Group Meeting where participants will discuss ways to enhance stability and cohesion of the global financial architecture and how to make it fit to address the global financial architecture and how to make it fit to address the global challenges of the 21st century.
· The meeting will also focus on exploring ways to provide maximum support to poor and vulnerable countries.
· About 100 delegates from G20 countries, invitee countries, and international organizations will be participating in the two-day meeting.
· Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar and Ministry of Food Processing Industries Pashupati Kumar Paras will inaugurate the meeting.
TO READ CURRENT AFFAIRS OF 31st January 2023 : CLICK HERE
TO READ CURRENT AFFAIRS OF 2nd February 2023 : CLICK HERE